The District Planning Process is in the Final Phase!
As part of the final planning phase for Cypress Village and Eagleridge, the District of West Vancouver received public comments on the draft Area Development Plan (ADP) in April and May 2023, and next will be bringing the final ADP and Cypress Village zoning bylaw to Council in the New Year.
Cypress Village Quick Facts
Through an approved ADP, British Pacific Properties (“BPP”) would deliver a compact sustainable mixed-use community with a variety of market and below-market homes including both multi-family and ground oriented options, retail, public spaces and community amenities, while also protecting over 262 acres of green space in Eagleridge.
This proposed community will be located at the first switchback of Cypress Bowl Road, below the 1,200 foot contour. Much of the lands in Cypress Village were previously logged and there are some existing uses in the area such as District works yards which will remain at this time. Cypress Village will be completed in phases, with full buildout expected within 20-25 years. The proposed housing mix is as follows:
- 230 single family homes
- 161 duplex, triplex or townhomes
- 184 below-market rental apartment homes
- 553 rental apartment homes
- 2,583 strata apartment homes
Beginning in 2020, the District of West Vancouver undertook a three-phase planning and community engagement process called Planning the Upper Lands: Creating a Sustainable Urban Community in Cypress Village and Protecting Lands in Eagleridge which culminated in this ADP for Cypress Village and Eagleridge. The ADP responds to the Official Community Plan (2018) prioritized retaining all of the Eagleridge lands (owned by BPP and zoned for single family) to protect as green space, and transferring the development rights into Cypress Village to create a sustainable vibrant community.
Drawings on the planning work and community/stakeholder engagement from Phases 1 and 2, Phase 3 involves documenting the proposed plan and associated bylaws for consideration of formal adoption by Council. On April 25, 2022, Phase 3 of Planning the Upper Lands was released. This phase involves documenting the proposed plan and associated bylaws for consideration for formal adoption by Council.
Above: Cypress Village will provide multiple options active modes of travel such as walking, scooting, rollerblading, skateboarding and cycling.
Area Development Plan - Statistics
Site Area: 345 acres
Building Heights: Heights ranging from 2 to 25 storeys
Total Homes: 3,711 homes
Total Employment Space: Maximum 380,600 sq. ft.
Ground level retail: 115,000 sq. ft.
Business park space: 130,000 sq ft.
Community Centre: 24,000 sq. ft.
Fire Hall: Space for 3 fire truck bays
SD45 School: Size TBD by province
Childcare Space: For 107 children
Park Space: 6 Neighbourhood Parks, 2 Community Parks, a Sports Field, 50+ acres for mountain biking trials + hiking trails
- Protection of over 400 acres of BPP-owned land in Eagleridge and lands within the Cypress Village planning area, all of which is zoned for single family housing.
- Housing diversity including strata apartments, market rental apartments, and below market rental apartments, ground-oriented multi-family homes, and single family homes
- Independent Transit Service operated by BPP on the first day Cypress Village is open.
- Green space with numerous parks, plazas and new recreational trails, including over 50 acres of land dedicated for mountain bike trails including funding for improvements.
- Enhancement of local creeks and wetlands in Cypress Village as well as the reestablishment of salmon spawning and rearing habitat at Capilano Golf Course in Haddon Creek.
- Expansion of the municipal tax base and local employment opportunities with a business park, office and possibly a boutique hotel.
- Civic facilitates including a community centre, sports field fire hall, ad land for a future elementary school.
- Commercial services to support the Upper Lands including restaurants, cafes, and local serving retail.
- Completed childcare spaces distributed throughout the village.
- Road Upgrades made to the surrounding road system including Cypress Bowl Road, plus a new road connecting the Westmount Road Highway Interchange (Exit 7) from Wentworth Avenue up to the village called the Westmount Connector.
For more information, please visit the District’s Planning Website below, or contact Virginia Bird, Community Relations at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Our Support and Commitment. To show our support for the District process and reinforce British Pacific Properties’ commitment to realizing a sustainable, smart-growth community in the Upper Lands that is reflective of community input, we created this short video below:
Our Thanks. The creation of a village as beautiful, welcoming, diverse and respectful of nature as this one brings with it an enormous responsibility. This short film below is dedicated to the community of West Vancouver and to its residents who are sharing in that responsibility and helping define a new village that exemplifies just how uplifting quality of life can be. We are grateful for your time and input.
Cypressvillage.com is managed by British Pacific Properties (BPP) and is dedicated to sharing the planning history for Cypress Village, specifically the findings from the 2016 BPP-led planning and community engagement process, as well as timely updates on the current District-led process and opportunities for public input.
We’ll email you information on upcoming events and ways to join the conversation
By completing and submitting this form, I consent to receive information from British Pacific Properties relating to Cypress Village including project updates and event notifications. I understand I can unsubscribe at any time. E.&O.E.